Clarkston Wrestling Club
We are very excited to kick off the 2022-2023 Clarkston Wrestling Club season.
Registration: It will take place at Clarkston High School, outside of the wrestling room (near the entrance by the stadium) from 7:00-8:00 pm on Monday, November 7th.
Who: We will offer this program for boys and girls in Kindergarten – 8th grade
Groupings and Practice times:
- Cubs Club (Beginner): Tuesday and Thursday 5:30 – 6:30
- We are excited to announce the addition of our Pup Club this year! This group will be our beginners. For grades K-1 and any first year 2nd graders. Basics and fundamentals of the sport will be taught, and will provide a more interactive and easygoing environment.
- Intermediate: Tuesday and Thursday 6:30 – 8:00
- The Juveniles are our intermediate club. This is tailored for wrestlers who are entering year 2+, and have a good grasp on the wrestling basics. For grades 2-5 and any first year 6th graders. Here we will build off of our introductory techniques and introduce drilling and live wrestling. Kids here will have the option to compete at tournaments if they would like.
- Wolfpack (Advanced): Monday and Wednesday 6:00 – 7:30
- The Wolfpack is our advanced club. This is tailored for wrestlers who have been involved in the club for a few years and are looking to learn what it takes to excel at the next level. For grades 5-8 and any ADVANCED 4th graders. This group will be a faster-paced practice that is tailored to drilling, technique, and live wrestling. Wrestlers are encouraged to compete in weekend tournaments.
Parent Meeting: Will be held at 7:30pm the night of registration (11/7). This is for all parents and would encourage anyone interested in a board position to plan on attending.
Social Media and Information: Please check out http://www.clarkstonwrestlingclub.com for schedules and other information, you can also follow us on Facebook at Clarkston Wrestling Club. We will also add all registered participants to Team Snap as our main way of communicating throughout the season.
Contact Information: If you have any questions, feel free to ask on the Clarkston Wrestling Club page on FB (you likely aren’t the only one with the same question) or you may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment for club fees are handled through Clarkston Community Education. They will be on-site the night of registration
- Payment for tournaments, gear, singlets, etc.. will be handled via check, cash or Venmo (@clarkstonwrestlingclub). Tournament payment will be dependent on which organization is holding that tournament.